Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Clean Up, Clean Up

I read an article at BabyCenter.com about how to teach your toddler a chore.

"Assigning chores to your toddler might well seem like a chore in itself. After all, a 2-year-old isn't going to be the neatest or most efficient worker. But giving your toddler even the tiniest measure of responsibility now will pay off later by laying the groundwork for future good habits. Plus, having a chore to do makes your child feel like part of the family, someone whose contribution is valued. "

My experience:

When you have a toddler, toys are everywhere in the house.
No matter how many times you clean up, a minute or two there'll be another new toy on the loose.
I just came to the point to let go. I have a toddler, period. =)
I usually do it every night before his bedtime.
However, we do it together. He'll pick up all his lego and put it in the lego bucket.
So far, he enjoys doing it. I think for him it's a way of playing.

I'm proud of my little boy. Keep it up, son!
I Love you. =)




No comments: